When you look at a home and think about entering it, what does you see and use?
Doors! While decorating the interiors of house we usually do not notice the doors of our home. We never think that there is a scope in door designs and quality. There are various types of doors available in the market according to their usage. In fact, steel windows and doors make our home complete, they play a very important role in giving impression of the house as they are the first view while entering into the home and we must give it quite attention while decorating, changing interiors or renovating home. Doors not only safeguard our home but also give a good look too. We cannot ignore the significance of doors while doing up home as they are one of the very useful part in making a complete home.
A door is a hinged, sliding or folding barrier of wood, metal, glass for opening and closing an entrance to a building or a room. It is the most practical part of architectural features, but the door is undoubtedly the most influential. First impressions are lasting ones and the front door makes a statement about any house. Whether it is for light, warmth, ventilation, access or a view, a well-planned door can have a dramatic impact on your living space.
We can categories the doors into seven different types.
1. Carved doors: In classically designed houses, the door is treated as a showpiece. These highly ornamented carved wooden decorative panels were originally intended for grand houses.
2. French doors: French or sliding doors help link the living space and garden whilst giving a view of the outside. A sense of accessibility is always achieved through these doors.
3. Front doors: The front door is usually the most eye catching feature of a house. The design of the entrance door should be in keeping with the style of the surroundings. Whether viewed from inside or outside, they become an integral part of a home’s design. They can vary from modern glass door to gothic style, from multi-panelled to arched door.
4. Glass doors: Decorative glass is a very good option. Whether it is stained, beveled, etched, mirrored, painted or sand blasted, they can turn the door into a work of art. The patterned glass panels diffuse the light and fill the room with a bright but less intense glow.
5. Interior doors: Interior doors help to connect rooms. Interior doors need not be impenetrable barriers. Frosted or bevelled glass doors allow the daylight in yet seals off the noise and the view. They may vary from simple flush door to traditional and glass doors.
6. Metal doors: They can withstand hard use in both interior and exterior application. Copper, bronze, brass and pewter are the metals finishes for the door.
7. Panelled doors: These doors may be elaborately, carved and painted. They cope well with most weather conditions and need virtually no maintenance. A distinct impact can be created through fine joinery and wise choice of material and design. Designers must deliver highly detailed, beautiful and imaginative doors.
The responsibility of the designer does not stop at creating an appealing thing, but it must also extend to create a sensory experience from the door knobs to each and element used in there. One needs to put right type of door at the right place like carved doors should be used for main door purpose as they give the first view to your home. French doors should be used for terraces and gardens as they help to see through and give a wide view of outside.
Glass doors are for art studios. Here art studio means a place where you pursue your hobbies like study room or library or music room, etc. Frosted glass doors can be used for kitchen and bathrooms. Frosted doors are good for modern interiors. They are not expensive and can add modern beauty to your dream home. They have metal frame and powder coated. These doors are cheaper than wooden doors. One can find it as a better option.
They make the space look bigger because they filter light but not the vision. If we talk about the PVC doors then it is a fact that these doors are very good option for humid places like dry balcony, toilets, washrooms, etc. If we talk about security then reinforced prefabricated doors are the best option. These doors are made of a combination of wood, glass wool, PVC and iron. These are very popular as security doors and easily available in market in various attractive designs.